Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WIAW #2 + jogging+ lazy girl guacamole recipe



Yay, What I ate Wednesday is back!  I was so inspired by all of the posts last week.  I had all sorts of grand plans to make new foods from them, but the week just got away from me and I ended up not really going to the store or trying anything new.  Next week I WILL be better. :-D

Here it is: What I ate on Tuesday, for What I ate Wednesday!

"Breakfast"
yep..double tall soy vanilla latte. I don't drink them every day...but..enough ;-)

"Snack"
A hunk of local fresh sourdough. One of the BEST things about the bay area, I swear.

"Lunch"
Lemon barley stew the same as last time, but with an added zucchini.

Another snack of a peanut butter pretzel cliff bar.  Mmmmmm.

"Dinner"

I lost another bet, but the request this time was one I can *totally* get on board with.  Veggie meat tacos!  I usually have black bean tacos, but when a veggie meal is requested of course I'm going to indulge.

My taco had some spiced veggie meat, spinach and lazy girl guac.

Lazy girl Guacamole
Ingredients
1 or 2 avocados, ripe.  1 avocado gives a really spicy zesty flavor, while using two avocados makes a creamier richer sauce
Juice of one lime
1 serrano pepper (or jalapeno), seeded
1 shallot
Salt and pepper to taste.

Method
Put the lime juice, pepper and shallot in the bowl of your food processor. Blend!  Then, add the avocado.  Blend for a couple pulses.  Spoon into a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.

I used to chop all my veggies for my guac by hand.  This is MUCH easier. :-).  I also no longer add tomatoes to my guacamole because they always seem to make it too watery.  I chop up some tomatoes and add them on top.

Jogging!
 
Goals from last week: "Goals for next week are 10mi total, a speedy workout of 8:30/mi and a long work out of over 3 mi."

This week: 
6/30-  2.65 @ 9:51/mi
7/1-    1.35 @ 9:05/mi.  Not as speedy as I wanted.  Note to self--no beers before running.
7/2-    4.3 @10:43/mi.  I walked for 1 min every mile on this long run to try to save my knees.
7/5-    2.65@10:00/mi.  Just feeling crappy :-(

Goals for next week:  Run at least four days for a total of at least 10 mi.  Do the same 4.3 mi loop without walking.  I am pretty sure my knees can handle it.  Speedy run of under 8:30.

Eating goals:  Less processed food, more variety!  I want to make at least 3 new meals inspired by YOUR WAIW posts.  So I'm going to go start looking through them now!! <3

17 comments:

Lillian said...

I love the lazy girl guac recipe - doing everything by hand always seems prohibitively difficult, so using the food processor instead sounds fantastic. If we ever get decent avocados on the East Coast (seriously, that's one of the things I miss so effing much about the West), I'll be busting out the lazy girl guac in no time!

Stephanie said...

Sourdough? I swoon. And as for your "lazy" guacamole...mine is much lazier. I just mash it with a spoonful of store-bought salsa and call it done. WIAW is the best to get inspired to make new meals!

Anonymous said...

Lunch twins! Aaand I will be off to buy a coffee treat today, and this treat will also involve ice and soy milk. I'm jealous of your fresh bread--Panera is the closest thing to a fresh bread store around here :(

Cate said...

You can't beat a piece of sourdough bread -that sounds good!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

love that you use serrano peppers! yum!!!! I've been a sourdough FIEND all weekend so I can totally relate =)

Happy What I Ate Wednesday!!! xoXOxo

Alice' M. said...

you go girl putting all your running habits on here! I'm about to start training for my second half.
ps- sourdough RULES

Happy WIAW!! :)

Alice'

Karla said...

Lillian, I didn't even think about that...boy I'm going to miss avocados when I leave CA!!

Stephanie! What a great idea..I always end up with half containers of salsa anyways...

Alice, I am trying to train for my second half too! Good luck! :-D

Angie said...

Hey Karla! Thamks, bad long runs stink! They make me so discouraged, lol. I love your note to self to not drink beer before running!

Lauren said...

Happy 2nd WIAW :) I am glad I am not the only WIAW newbie haha. Everything looks sooo amazing!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset said...

Hey girl, thank you for stopping by my blog... I am loving yours so far!
I like your guac recipe too, I have never made that before, and I now want to try with this recipe :D

Anonymous said...

Yummah I want Starbucks now! :) Happy Wiaw!

Whitney

Christina@WhoWearsShortShorts said...

I've never liked guac, but I'm feeling like it's time to give it another shot... Looks like your recipe should be th perfect way to get on the guac-wagon!

Allison @ PickyEatingRD said...

I love your eating goal for the week - less processed food more real food! I am alll about the real stuff!

Anna said...

Those tacos look so freaking good! I don't make enough Mexican food, but I always enjoy it so much. It helps that I adorrrre avocado, so the lazy guacamole sounds perfect...

michelle {the lively kitchen} said...

I like any kind of guacamole - lazy girl or overachiever girl kind. Mmmm....avocados....

Lisa said...

Mmmm.....guac! I actually belong to an avocado of the month club (I live in NY...so the ones in the store are icky), and I love to make all kinds of variations on guac. Occasionally I eat it straight---I'm SO with you on the food processor chopping stuff for me!

Also...big fan of the chocolate chip clif bar...but pb pretzel sounds really good!

Errign said...

I love some Starbucks drinks, but I never buy them because I won't make a special trip to get them, which is good :) I always get starbucks when I'm traveling though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...