Monday, July 25, 2011

Pasta with beans and slow roasted tomatoes

Ugh this week has been CRAZY!  I've been writing like crazy for my job, and applying for another.  I'm so stressed I could just about burst.  Like these tomatoes.  Only they are sweet and ripe and bursting of sweetness and not stress.  But it's almost the same thing, right?  
Magically I found a way to improve on these sungold beauties.  Slow roasting!  I followed the method found at smitten kitchen.  To make a complete meal I tossed the tomatoes with beans and pasta after roasting.  Light, fresh, summery.  Mmmm. (and easy!) 
I miss all of you bloggers and I can't wait to catch up on my blog reading! I hope you enjoy this recipe.  
<3 Karla

Pasta with beans and slow roasted tomatoes
Serves 2-3
3hrs total, 15 minutes active

Ingredients
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2Tbs olive oil
Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
8oz whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
1 small onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1C cooked white beans
1/2 C dry white wine

Method
1. First make the slow roasted tomatoes!  Preheat the oven to 225F.  Cut the tomatoes in half and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne.  Roast for 3hrs until the tomatoes are shriveled and mostly dry.  The tomatoes will keep in the fridge for use later.
2.  Saute onion and garlic in a small amount of olive oil (1Tbs) over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. 
3. Add white beans and cook until slightly browned.  
4.  Add the white wine and stir, scraping up the delicious brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Let the wine reduce a bit (only a minute or two) and stir in the cooked pasta and slow roasted tomatoes. Toss to coat.  Serve with fresh lemons. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of slow roasting tomatoes--haven't tried that before, but it looks so good. And sounds like a great cure for stress (that, or a cookie or two).

Jodie said...

I love that all your recipes add spice to the food...cayenne and tomatoes sounds great! Thanks Karla!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers said...

That looks great! I haven't tried roasting tomatoes yet - I'm scared they'll explode or something, or just ugly-up my oven.

Karla said...

They are so delicious! It really enhances the flavor. :-)

I think cutting them in half helps with the explosion potential too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...