Tuesday, August 16, 2011

WIAW --new car edition



Quoted from Peas and Crayons:
"
What WIAW isn't about
Comparison - Judgement - Restriction - Guilt

What WIAW is about
Celebrating one of the glorious things we all have in common: We all eat!


This is why I love WIAW, and Jenn, the host.  Such a fun group to participate in.  :-D 

I have still been pretty stressed, so my eats aren't super interesting this week, but I have been trying to come up with creative ways to use up all this squash!  (Still). 

First, a gratuitous Maeby pic.  Because I love her.  Much. 
Maeby cleaned out a yogurt cup for breakfast.  It got all over her face. 
 I had sprouted wheat bread with peanut butter and this AMAZING grind-y thing from Trader Joes.  It has coffee beans, chocolate and sugar in a grinder.  I'm so glad I heard about it on lots of other people's WIAWs because it blew my mind.  
 Strawberry Lemonade.  Not homemade, but still good.
Nap time.  <3 
 New car takes a LONG time to buy, so I just heated up leftover squash burgers and opened a bottle of Tamber Bey Rabicano to celebrate. A Rabicano is a blend of Merlot, Cab Franc and Petit Verdot. It is smooth but spicy and very, very delicious.  

No recipes today because of the 3 hours spent at the car dealership, but hopefully I'll have another summer squash recipe tomorrow.  Any ideas!?  


PS everyone should start canning for the canning party with forgotten beast and a dash of domestic! I have never tried canning, but these lovely ladies have me convinced. :-)

EDIT:  I'm trying a new comment system as I'd like to be able to reply to people directly. I can't seem to quite figure it out, but I'll be able to read and respond directly at least! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...