Monday, June 20, 2011

Carter Beats the Devil


My favorite cocktail of all time.  I had to make it at home.  If you get the chance, however, go to Flora in Oakland and try the real deal.  Amazing!

Basically, it is just a spicy margarita.  But it is so much more.  I don't know how, but it goes beyond margarita to something really, really special and fancy tasting.

The first thing you need to do to make this cocktail is fill a jar with dried hot peppers, then cover the peppers with high proof rum (151).  Let the jar sit for at least 2 weeks, then strain it. The 151 will now be SMOKING hot.  Mmmmm. 
Then, mix (over ice)

-3oz tequila reposado
-1oz lime juice
-1tbs agave necter
-1tsp chili infusion (or to taste...start with VERY little)

Mix well.  Strain out the ice (easy if you have a cocktail shaker..) and serve cold. It is especially nice after a run.  I'm just sayin'.  :-D

It was super sunny out so I took a picture in the sun, just because sun makes me happy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that looks good--spicy AND rum? I'm all in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...